Pageviews past week

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Elegy of Jean Paul Rodeaux

The vagaries and inscrutable machinations that galvanize the mind has been a phenomenon still very obscure to modern science. Hitherto considered to be an enigma; a mystery central to that of life and the immeasurable depths of the great void. So strange is it not, those sere memories of the past should haunt us and yet define our very existence. For beyond the black gates of the abyss, there lies no memory but only the cold embrace of sleep eternal.

The mind is an intricate tangle of emotions and a flurry of thoughts that rouses us into action. It is still abstruse as to why the ideals of justice are well placed within some while in others such notions are considered a mere passing fancy. Such men are unhindered by sanctimonious morals but are restrained however by decree of society. As such the tenets of all that is civilization lays upon the gossamer fidelity of mere man.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I must admit that at first I loved her and this despite her person. For beautiful she was and despite her many limitations, my heart accepted her without prejudice. It was her demure and innocent nature that made her all the more alluring. Such was the nature of the charm she possessed, that I was inextricably drawn and she bade me her every whim and desire.

Strange was the power that she exuded over men and women alike turning them into mere vassals, and at times she expressed a sense of profoundness so keen that it was unbecoming for a woman of her naiveté.

Improbable as it was but I was led asway, and my heart strongly yearned, brimming with desire.Haplessly did I fall in love and hoped that she would belong to no other. Despite my foolish remonstrations, I soon realized that the human heart stands easily deceived.

It was then in a solitary moment of madness that I committed myself to murder much against that of the wishes of my anguished heart. Very vividly do I recall her reflection against the blood stained glass and ghastly expression of awestruck horror. I looked upon the empty accusing eyes of my beloved, her lifeless corpse slumped against the wall and knew that I was damned, forevermore .

It is only now as I awaken from my dream like cadence, do I realize my utter folly. Although now despair and loneliness are my perennial companions and only death that awaits me in its sepulchral chamber as the last sanctuary, nor hope that stands to deceive. Merely, a grim cognizance of that which is inevitable.

(Please note that is not a complete draft and there are elements missing that I shall add later)

3 comments:

  1. a dark tale of the folly of maddened love... good one.. very powerful language

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the style of writing very much..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lionel...you write very well. Happy blogging

    ReplyDelete